Can you do better?
* * * * *
How many chillies can YOU get off one Dorset Naga plant?
This year we are not running a Dorset Naga growing competition. However, that does not mean you can’t take the challenge yourself and see what you can do. We would love it if someone could beat our 2,407 red fruit record!
The Dorset Naga Challenge tests chilli growers’ skills like no other competition. A single Dorset Naga chilli plant is capable of producing a couple of thousand chillies in a single growing season. But it is not easy to get such results, and depends on the skill of the grower and probably a little bit of luck.
Rules for the Dorset Naga Challenge
- The plant grown MUST be a genuine Dorset Naga plant. If you didn’t get the seed from us you will have to tell us where it came from, and convince us it really is Dorset Naga. There are a lot of fakes around and many people selling seed without permission, if you buy from these people your entry is invalid.
- The plant can be grown from seed or a plug plant.
- Any growing method can be used, i.e. it can be grown hydroponically, in a pot or in the ground.
- Only red chillies count. They can be picked at any time, but every harvest must be recorded or they won’t count. Last harvest date is 10th November 2018.
- The plant must be under one year old on the last harvest date of 10th November.
This challenge is based on trust. Keep records, take photos, do a video.